Monday, February 10, 2014

Everybody was tofu fighting...

I actually have a magnet that says that....



I only share my weird taste in fridge decor because I made tofu for the first time the other night.  And it was actually pretty good.  I've only every had it on pizza (from Classic Slice) so I wasn't really sure what to expect.  Especially as a meat replacement in a meal.  After pan frying and tediously flipping each piece several times to make sure they were done I served it up with quinoa and steamed mixed veggies.  And I'm happy to say I am pretty pleased with how it turned out.  The mister's great review was that "it didn't suck".  Haha.  He's so eloquent.

I used this recipe for BBQ Tofu.  And while I had to get around not having a tofu press (I used two Ziploc containers and four bottles of water, how's that for resourceful?) it was as easy the name suggests. 




I encourage everyone to give tofu a try.  You might find out it doesn't suck.  Or better yet, you may even like it!




-Marsha

No comments:

Post a Comment