Friday, April 25, 2014

Journal Day #10



Here's this week's prompt-

Quite simply, what are you good at? All of us have particular strengths- what are yours? This week, talk about these talents, big or small. Ideas: discuss how you use these things in your daily life or job, how you discovered a knack for this or that, perhaps even touch on whether or not you are passionate about the things you're good at. via- Sometimes Sweet


I feel like I have never really figured out the answer to this question. I can do quite a few things well but I don't have that one thing that I truly excel at. Some of the things I do well are not even transferable to every day life but are skills that I have picked up over the years at different jobs and hold no use to me now. Other things are just barely notable.

I can organize the pants off paperwork or a crap-fulled closet. I really love when things have a place and everything is in its place. For some reason this is not something I can transfer to my personal life as noted by my messy house. Strange how that works... 
I am great at collecting scrapbooking stuff and then letting it sit for a few years before I remember I even have it. Haha.

I am also great at hording clothes. I have an endless amount of clothes that I simply cannot bear to part with. And even though most of it doesn't even fit me anymore I just don't seem to be able to let anything go.

I make a mean meatloaf. At least my parents think I do. When I moved out they would occasionally call me to come over and make one. It became a kind of joke with friends and every time I got off the phone with my folks I would get asked if I had to go over and make a meatloaf. :)

I am a decent baker. I dabble in cupcakes, cakes, bars, and cookies. So far everything I've made has been met with good compliments.

And finally, I am amazing at (and love!) untangling bundles of necklace chains. Weird skill to have and only occasionally helpful. This came in handy when I worked in retail and we occasionally got a ball (that's right-ball) of necklaces in a shipment box. Best afternoons ever.


-Marsha

No comments:

Post a Comment